How We Take Care of Our Employees
Making a difference in this world begins with taking great care of our employees.
Here are a few ways that we take care of our own:
- We pay fairly and we pay well.
- We want you to be free to enjoy your life. We offer two weeks paid time off and six paid holidays per year to all employees.
- We offer top-notch benefits. We offer excellent health, dental and vision care plans, and Uptown pays 100% of the employee's cost and subsidizes family members added to plans.
- We want everyone to have a healthy retirement. Uptown provides a 401(k) for all team members and contributes 3% to employee plans, even if they don’t contribute themselves.
- We’ve got you covered. We offer short-term and long-term disability coverage to all employees. Our plan provides 60% of income within two weeks of a disabling injury.
- We look after families for the long term. All employees receive life insurance coverage.
How We Make a Difference in Our Community
At home, we are committed to the long-term health of the Minneapolis-St. Paul region. We love giving back to help our neighbors.
Here are a few of the local efforts we support:
- We have established and maintain three community gathering spaces in Minneapolis, which are free to use and open to all for a variety of events, including meetings, parties and social occasions.
- We support Simpson House, working to end homelessness in the Minneapolis area.
- We are the leading supporter of community farmers’ markets in South Minneapolis
- We donate to silent auctions and community events.
- We donate furnaces and water heaters to families in need.
- We also donate tune-ups to local nonprofits.
If you are a non-profit organization seeking donations, or are hosting an upcoming fundraiser, get in touch with us at questions@CallUptown.com. We’re happy to answer your questions and provide more information on our Community of Care program.
How We Make a Difference in the World at Large
We use our skills and resources to help those in need, whether it's an elderly woman in St. Paul who has no heat, or a helpful mother of six in Tanzania who wants to start her own business. We invest in heroes everywhere. Just getting your family through the day, whether on a busy street in Minneapolis or in a dusty field in Tanzania, can be an act of heroism.
Around the world, Uptown is making a difference. Here's how:
- Uptown is a leading sponsor of World Encounter, an organization that empowers and equips women in rural Tanzania to create businesses and brighter futures. World Encounter is our flagship community project, and we are invested in the organization’s long term success.
- We support and volunteer at Feed My Starving Children, a Minnesota-based nonprofit that provides nutritionally complete meals for malnourished children around the world.
- We donate to several orphanages across Mexico, providing much-needed supplies and clothing items.
Give us a call at (612) 324-1004 when you need heating, air conditioning, or plumbing services in Minneapolis or the nearby areas, or to learn more about our charitable actions!